Monday, January 17, 2011

My house...

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.  ~John Ed Pearce.

I was looking through many pages with quotes on home and finally I decided to pick this one. Why?Hard to say, but I guess I would like to return to Poznań when I retire. I live in a place that many envy, and that I used to deplore because of the surroundings- many restaurants, or should I say too many, loud students who love to party on school days, and the tradition of hearing garbage pick up trucks outside my window at 5 a.m. 
The things that I have always loved about living where I live is: stores are right at my doorstep, museums are in the centre, many parks and I have many options of getting to school by the public means of transport. I really love living here, but also plan on settling down in the countryside for a while to escape from the noise and pollution. :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you already think of retirement - it's probably because you're tired now :) I like the quote very much!

    ReplyDelete